Are you tired of feeling stressed and overwhelmed every time you have to organize an event?
Well, fear not because we are here to help!
Using the right event planning tools can make a big difference in creating a successful event.
Whether you are planning a birthday party, corporate event, or wedding, we have you covered with a list of the 8 best event planning tools.
So, let’s dive in!
Disclosure: Our website is supported by readers. If you purchase any products through our partner links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Canva is a useful tool for event planners who want to create visually appealing event content. With an easy-to-use interface and a wide range of features, Canva can help you create stunning invitations, posters, flyers, banners, social media posts and even simple websites that will grab your audience’s attention and make your event stand out.
- Thousands of templates to choose from
- Customizable design elements such as fonts, colors, and images
- Ability to upload your own images and logo
- Collaboration tools for team members
- Access to premium templates and images with a monthly subscription
- Various export options, including high resolution PDF and PNG
Price: Canva has a free version that offers basic features, but you can also upgrade to a PRO or Teams plan for more features. The Pro version starts at $12.95 per month.
Jotform is a free online form builder and a great alternative to Google Forms. One of the main benefits of Jotform is that it allows event planners to create custom online forms, which can be used for registration, RSVP, surveys, and more. This means event planners can gather all the information they need from attendees in one place, saving a lot of time.
- Customizable templates for event registration forms
- Easily collect payments and donations directly through your forms
- Option to add e-signature fields to contracts and waivers
- Show or hide fields based on the answers given by your participants
- Integrates with other tools, including Salesforce, Mailchimp, and Google Sheets.
- Ability to create surveys and feedback forms for post-event evaluation
Price: The starter plan is free and includes up to 100 deliveries per month. For more advanced features and higher sending limits, paid plans start at $34 per month.
program is a leading global event management platform that helps you plan, promote and sell tickets to your upcoming event, no matter how big or small it is. Be it a concert, charity fundraiser or corporate event. This makes it easy to plan and manage all aspects of your event, from ticket sales to attendee tracking.
- Create a custom event page that reflects your brand and event theme
- Ticket sales at various price options
- Detailed analysis and reporting of your events
- Track your attendee information and check it on the day of the event
- Promote your event on social media and other platforms using built-in promotional tools
Price: There is no fee for free events, and for paid events, Eventbrite charges a service fee of 3.7% + $1.79, as well as a payment processing fee of 2.9%.
Trello is a project management tool but can be a lifesaver in event planning. This is a great tool for anyone who needs to stay organized and monitor tasks, deadlines, and progress. It operates on a board and card system, where you create boards for your projects and cards for the various tasks within those projects.
- Customizable boards and cards with drag-and-drop functionality
- Ability to assign tasks to team members and set deadlines
- Create checklists on cards to break down larger tasks into smaller steps.
- Leave comments on cards to communicate with your team members
- Integration with other tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Slack
Price: Trello offers a free plan that includes all the basic features you need for event planning. However, if you need more advanced features like advanced checklists and custom fields, you can upgrade to a paid plan starting at $5 per user per month.
WeVideo is a popular online video editor that can be a great asset for event planners. Whether you’re creating a promotional video for your event, editing footage during an event, or creating a recap video after an event, WeVideo has all the tools you need to make it happen. With this tool, teams can also work remotely and still have access to the same projects.
- Wide variety of editing tools
- Video templates to start your video creation process
- Green screen feature for smooth video editing
- Screen recorder to record presentations, demos and more
- Cloud-based storage and collaboration
- Interactive elements to increase audience engagement
Price: WeVideo offers a free plan that includes 5 minutes of video publishing time per month. If you need more time, you can upgrade to a paid plan starting at $4.99 per month.
Google Jamboard is a great tool for event planners looking for a digital whiteboard to help plan their events. It’s essentially a collaborative digital whiteboard that lets you and your team brainstorm, sketch ideas, and organize your thoughts in real time. The best part? You can simply access it via your Google account and start using it straight away.
- Real-time collaboration with team members
- Ability to add images, text, and shapes to boards
- Integration with other Google applications such as Google Meeting
- Create and organize ideas with sticky notes
- Ability to save, download or share your boards with others
Price: It’s completely free. That’s right, you don’t need to spend a penny to use this tool.
Slack is a popular communication tool that is not just limited to corporate environments. In fact, it is also a great tool for event planning. With real-time messaging, file sharing, and project management capabilities, Slack can help simplify the planning process, making it easier to organize and manage events.
- Create separate channels for different aspects of your event
- Share documents, images and other files easily
- Integration with other tools like Google Drive and Trello
- 1:1 audio and video calls with screen sharing
- Search team conversations to get answers quickly
Price: Slack offers a free plan with basic features, as well as several paid plans starting at $7.25 per user per month.
Zoom in is a video conferencing tool that has become popular in recent years. With the rise of virtual events in today’s world, Zoom has become an essential tool for event planners. Whether you’re hosting a virtual conference, webinar, or simple meeting with clients, Zoom has many features that can help you plan and execute your event with ease.
- Host webinars and live streaming events
- Schedule and host meetings with multiple participants
- Share screens and presentations
- Record meetings and webinars for future viewing
- Integration with other tools like Slack, Google Calendar, and Dropbox
Price: The Basic Plan is free, which allows you to host up to 100 participants for up to 40 minutes. For longer events and more attendees, paid plans start at $14.99 per user per month.
So there you have it, whether you’re organizing a small gathering or a large-scale event, these tools can help make the planning process smoother.
Starting from designing event posters with Canva to managing event registration with programthere are tools for every stage of the event planning process.
So you can save time and energy and focus on what really matters – creating unforgettable experiences for your guests.