Are you looking for the best Wix alternative?
Wix is a website builder that allows you to create your own website without any coding knowledge.
However, it gets a little expensive for beginners when you try to upgrade. If you need an affordable solution to your website needs, you may want to consider turning to another DIY website builder.
The good news is that there are several cheaper Wix alternatives that offer great functionality and features at a lower cost.
In this article, we’ll share our picks of the best Wix alternatives that will help you save money and build your next website creatively in 2023.
Disclosure: Our website is supported by readers. If you purchase any products through our partner links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Best Wix Alternatives for 2023
Basically, you can’t have a good website without a good website builder. With a number of extraordinary features, Wix can certainly make the process of creating your website easier and faster.
But that doesn’t mean they are suitable for everyone and it depends on the type of website you want to build.
As you will see, this platform has its advantages and disadvantages, which is why you may be interested in our selection of Wix alternatives.
Let’s dive into the list!
Pixpa is an affordable and easy website builder best suited for photographers, designers, artists, and freelancers. You have access to professional templates, built-in marketing tools like client galleries, blogging tools, SEO, and marketing tools to grow your online business.
Its user-friendly interface and wide selection of templates make it easy to create an online store with popular payment methods so you can sell products anywhere. They all come with a 15-day free trial with affordable pricing plans and also offer discounts for students and educators.
Reasons to try Pixpa:
- User-friendly website builder with modern templates
- Blogging tools, eCommerce features, and other marketing tools
- Client gallery to showcase your skills
- Get experts from Pixpa to build your website
- Customize your website using custom CSS and edit HTML
Price: Pixpa has a 15-day free trial. Basic plans start at $3.60 per month, billed every 2 years. An eCommerce business may require a $6.75 per month plan.
Thanks to Pixpa, you can get 10% DISCOUNT on all Pixpa packages using our exclusive promo code
talkbitz10 in cashier!
Strikingly is a free website builder that helps you create a mobile-friendly responsive website in minutes. With a simple editor and easy-to-use templates, it has become the service of choice for beginners looking to build their first website.
The best thing is that you can build unlimited free sites using alatly.com as your subdomain with 5GB monthly bandwidth and 500MB total storage per site. This platform is an ideal choice for those who want a simple and clean design with minimal effort.
Reasons to try Strikingly:
- Create unlimited free sites with the domain striking.com
- Free domain for a year (on paid plans) or connect your own domain
- All paid plans come with a 14-day free trial
- Sell your products with shipping, coupons and more
- All your sites come with built-in eCommerce, blogging, and analytics
Price: You can create unlimited sites for free, but paid plans start at $8/mo (billed annually) which include more features to grow your business.
Weebly is one of the most popular website builders for Over 40 million people worldwide. It offers a free plan with an easy-to-use site builder and allows even non-technical users to create websites.
This builder comes with a ton of features including Forms, Blogs, SEO tools, and more. They have templates for any kind of business or type of website you choose from blogging, to ecommerce, to travel websites.
Reasons to try Weebly:
- Free plan with sub-domains to publish your website
- Well-crafted templates for various industries
- Various blogging tools to start your blog
- eCommerce tools to sell your products online
- Application center to make your business more powerful
Price: Weebly has a free plan (with Weebly branding in the footer). Paid plans start at $5 per month. An eCommerce website will likely require a $12 per month plan, billed annually.
Zyro is an excellent Wix alternative that offers many useful features. It’s easy to use and may be one of the cheapest website builders on the market, but that doesn’t mean it’s not powerful.
You can start with a template or template also has an AI website builder tool so anyone can create a website in less time. It allows creating multiple pages, adding blogs, widgets, galleries, contact forms, SEO options and much more without any coding knowledge.
Reasons to try Zyro:
- AI website builder that is easy to use and saves you a lot of time
- Affordable pricing plans to upgrade as you grow
- eCommerce tools to sell your products anywhere
- Blogging tools and email signup forms
Price: Zyro starts at $2.99 per month (billed every 2 years). If you want to sell products, you may need the $3.99 per month plan.
5. WordPress (Bluehost Website Builder)
WordPress (also called self-hosted WordPress) is a free and open source content management system used by millions of users including the blog you are reading now. With over a thousand plugins and customization options, you can create a fully customizable website as you wish.
Even though WordPress is free, you need a domain name and web hosting to get your website up and running. With Bluehost Website Builder, you can easily get started with WordPress which makes setting up a blog or website a breeze, and you will have complete control over your website.
Reasons to try WordPress:
- You can use WordPress for any kind of project
- Easy Customization options with themes and plugins
- The large WordPress community helps in troubleshooting
- It’s easy to increase your website’s search engine visibility
- Turn your website into a shop with the WooCommerce plugin
Price: You can start a WordPress website for $2.95 per month with Bluehost (billed annually).
Square room is one of the best alternatives to Wix for building a site, especially if you want to build an online store. This platform is great for small business owners because it has tools for when you are just starting out.
The templates are attractive, the ecommerce tools make it efficient and the Email Marketing, Scheduler and other integrations are easy to set up without any technical experience.
Reasons to try Squarespace:
- Impressive website templates to suit your needs.
- Site sections include lists, calendars, galleries, and more.
- Manage your buyers with profiles
- Sell products, services, and even subscriptions
- Manage your website using the Squarespace Android or iOS app
Price: Squarespace’s personal plan costs $12 per month, billed annually. A small business might want the $18/month plan for fully integrated eCommerce features.
Over to you
Wix is a great choice for creating a website. But there are many other great options available, whether you want a business website, online store, portfolio, or blog.
Simply put, know your needs and use the right website builder that meets your budget and gives you what you want!
Happy website building!